Data Protection Declaration | as per: 8 May 2017
- This is how we handle your data
- Which of your data we store and how we use it
Dear visitor to our website,
What about data protection when you visit the website of “Süddeutsche Zeitung Wirtschaftsgipfel”? We want to provide you with an overview of which of your data we – Süddeutsche Zeitung GmbH and Süddeutscher Verlag Veranstaltungen GmbH – store and how we use it.
1. What we promise you in handling your data
As a rule, we gather, process, store and utilise personal data only in such a case when this is necessary for providing a service or an offer. We protect your data with the help of technical and operational security against accidental or intentional manipulation, loss, destruction or access by unauthorised third parties. These precautions are regularly reviewed and updated.
Only in the case you agree, we are permitted to gather, process, utilise or pass on to third parties personal data. Your agreement is either given in writing or by actively clicking a respective declaration, whereby we inform you comprehensively about the purpose of the data utilisation beforehand. Your declaration may be reviewed online – either at the address where the data is entered or in your personal account. Personal data will only be passed on to third parties if
- we are obliged to do so by law, for instance, if an enforceable official or judicial order has been issued.
- we commission other companies in certain instances with providing offers or services, in order to fulfil our contractual relationship with you – for example with the hosting of the website. These companies will only be given access to the data that they need for their respective commission. We guarantee that these companies observe the data protection laws in handling your data as we do.
- we suspect that our offers or services are being used improperly, above all, when our General Terms of Business or Conditions of Use are being violated and we want to put a stop to this activity in a legally permissible manner.
We assure you that your data is handled in accordance with the applicable data protection laws and conditions. We guarantee that your data will remain confidential and all the legally required technical and organisational measures for observing data protection have been put in place. In no event will we sell or rent out personal data to third parties. We attach greatest importance to the protection of your privacy.
2. Profile and data of use with which you are personally identifiable
Technical term: personal data
Examples: First name and surname, address, e-mail address, etc.
How do we receive the data?
Only by you providing them to us voluntarily. We will always ask for your data.
What do we need the data for?
For instance, if you want to use the following functions or services, which will only work with personal data:
- you register bindingly as a participant on our website
- when you contact us through the contact form
- you subscribe to a newsletter.
We store your personal data only for the respective purpose for which you have provided the authorisation. You are able to review the personal data provided at any time, you may correct, delete or bar it or withdraw your authorisation of utilisation (see below).
How can you withdraw your authorisation?
- You may withdraw your authorisation at any time, by e-mail to email@example.com or in writing to Süddeutscher Verlag Veranstaltungen GmbH, Reference Data Protection, Justus-von-Liebig-Straße 1, D-86899 Landsberg (quote the e-mail address and name under which you have registered).
As a rule, you will only receive newsletter mails from us if you have explicitly agreed to the mailing:
- You will receive the most current information on the SZ Economic Summit once you order this newsletter explicitly. For your safety, we use the Double-Opt-In method: after the actual order in a first step, you will initially be sent a link through which you actually activate the newsletter service in a second step. You may de-register from any newsletter at any time and withdraw your authorisation of mailing. You can do so by just clicking the relevant link at the end of the respective newsletter.
Information on our own offers or services by e-mail
Once you have registered as a participant of the SZ Economic Summit or request information through the respective form, we will inform you occasionally by e-mail about similar offers or services (e.g. same or similar events) organised by SV Veranstaltung GmbH and Süddeutsche Zeitung GmbH. You may object to the use of your data at any time in writing to Süddeutscher Verlag Veranstaltungen GmbH, Reference Data Protection, Justus-von-Liebig-Straße 1, D-86899 Landsberg or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org (quote the e-mail address and name under which you have registered).
3. Settings and general user data with which you are not personally identifiable
Technical term: automatically generated user data
- general statistics on the use of our offer
- duration of visit and entries on our website
- advertising preferences tailored to interests
How do we receive the data?
- Furthermore, we use markings on our pages – so called tracking pixels – with every loading of our pages, for instance, they track how often these pages are called up and clicked, also with no interference with or any identification of your computer
Why do we need this data?
Apart from the personal settings, which we enable you to adjust, we can analyse our offers better and also tailor advertisements to your interests with the help of Cookies and tracking pixels. This is how we analyse the data:
- Analysis of use we perform: we use the technology currently available in the market in order to develop our pages and offers further according to your user habits. With the help of Google Analytics, we are able to see which sections and texts were read more on our pages and from which website you found your way to us. Please see the following points for further details
Analysis of use we perform at our website
- Google Analytics: we have commissioned Google with analysing the general use of our website. In order to do so, Google stores Cookies on your computer. Your IP address, with the help of which your computer is identifiable, is shortened in the process and thus rendered anonymous. This is conducted on servers within the EU or the European Economic Area, even before the transmission to Google – only in exceptional cases, for instance, in case of technical problems, your IP address may possibly be transmitted to a Google server in the USA and abbreviated there. In no instance will this be brought together with other Google data and no personal profiles will be compiled unauthorised. We use this service to optimise our own advertising campaigns. You will find more detailed information in the Data Protection Guidelines of Google Analytics. If you want to prevent the data analysis, you can download and install this Browser-Plug-in, and prevent the future gathering and storing of your data in the Google ad settings here, by generally deactivating advertisements or the storage of Cookies in your browser.
4. What else you should know
- The responsible body for data processing is Süddeutscher Verlag Veranstaltungen GmbH, Justus-von-Liebig-Strasse 1, D-86899 Landsberg, represented by their Managing Director Dieter Ohlenhard.
- As regards questions concerning the gathering, processing or use of your personal data and the correction, barring, deleting or withdrawal of an authorisation once issued, you can always turn to us. We will react to all appropriate enquiries free of charge, as soon as possible and in line with the current law.
- You always have the right to have erroneous data corrected or personal data deleted, if there is no legal obligation of storage
- This Data Protection Declaration is amended constantly; any amendments will be published well in time on this page. In order to inform yourself about the latest regulations, you should call up this page time and again.
- Of course, this Data Protection Declaration applies exclusively to this website. When we provide links to other websites, then we have no influence or control over whether a provider adheres to the data protection regulations or not.
For all pertinent questions, you will find support at the following addresses:
Do you have any questions regarding data protection?
Please mail them to our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com or write to Süddeutscher Verlag Veranstaltungen GmbH, Reference Data Protection, Justus-von-Liebig-Strasse 1, D-86899 Landsberg